Friday, March 14, 2014

That book you just can't put down...

I started a book yesterday that I just couldn't put down. I ended staying up late to read it. Has that ever happened to you? It doesn't happen to me often, but when it does oh boy. I stayed up way later than I normally would to read, I actually forced myself to turn off the light. Once I did I was still wide awake with the book calling to me from my nightstand. I resisted the temptation and finally fell asleep. 

Today at work the book was patiently waiting in my school bag for my prep time. I then spent my whole prep reading the book and finishing it. Once I finished I took a deep breath and sat in disbelief, anger, and sadness. I had an idea how the book would end, but that didn't make the ending any easier. 

If you get a chance you really should read this book. The author is speaking at Grace on the 25th to all of our 6-8 grade students. I am jealous that I don't  get to go, so I am trying to talk someone into going with me for her evening speaking event. I am thinking I can twist someone's arm. 


On a side note, I am now reading a very lighthearted chapter book for kids. :) 

4 comments:

  1. I love books that keep your attention like that - the ones you just cannot put down. The subject matter is also a book I would love! I think I will look and see if I can find it. Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very gripping book. I know when I start reading a book that if I get caught in its web, I will end staying up until I am finished. Not too often while I was teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I do need to read that :) and I TOTALLY get the way you felt about staying up to finish!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to check it out. I've been on the prowl for a page turner... I love those kinds of books.. that you hang on every word in the last pages because you dread finishing it and losing the connection built while immersed in the pages.

    ReplyDelete