Monday, March 17, 2014

People that make you smile.

I know I just sliced about friends, but my slice today is sticking with that theme. As I think about how to say what I want to say in the best way, it is a lot harder than I realized. 

I am beyond words moved to tears actually at the kindness of people. Today was one of those a-ha moments. (Although I have known this all along.) I guess it actually started last week when I was surprised with a  birthday card for Brynn and three different notes with money for Makenna's Fund at Riley in our mailbox. Getting checks for Riley isn't that unusual, as our yearly fundraiser is in two weeks. I was really surprised by the birthday cards. We received another card in the mail today, which is what really got me thinking. The card that came today was from someone who I imagine to be extremely busy, but yet she never makes us feel like she is too busy for us. I am also certain that she encounters so many people and families, yet she finds time to send Brynn, our daughter, a birthday card! When I read the return address label I smiled and teared up at the same time. She remembered. 

My heart is so full at the moment because of kind gestures like a birthday card. I was even on a high still from all of the love at Brynn's birthday this weekend. 

We are all guilty at times of worrying only about ourselves. So I end this post tonight with a challenge for those of you reading, do something kind for someone. Do something out of the blue to make someone's day. Whether it be a stranger, or friend. You might not know the impact your kindness will have, but I am sure it will be noticed. 

I felt the picture below was appropriate with today's slice title. Enjoy. :)


3 comments:

  1. Adorable! Thanks for the reminder to take notice and appreciate what is around us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you got that card in the mail and felt the love of your friends. :) I will take your advice and make it a point to show kindness to someone else. :) Pass it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the photo! I will look for someone to surprise this week! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete