Wednesday, March 19, 2014

One year!!!!!

A year ago today I went to see my doctor after enduring some uncomfortable days prior. Little did I know I was actually in labor. Who knew?!? Brynn had decided she wanted to come early. My doctor told me Brynn would be arriving that day, before 7:30 pm. She then said go grab some lunch and check yourself into the Birthplace at the hospital!!!! What?!?! I chose Culvers, because I wanted cheese-curds. Ha!!! At the restaurant the girl at the counter asked me when I was due, Mike and I chuckled. My reply was, in about an hour. The girl looked at me in disbelief. News quickly spread in the restaurant and the lady that brought us our food congratulated us and wished us good luck for the big day. It was a great lunch and we were off to the hospital. Brynn arrived at 7:43 that evening. She was perfect. :) 

Now today we celebrate her! This morning she woke up the happiest girl in town. It was like she knew today was her day. I also took the afternoon off, so we could eat lunch with Mike and spend time together. We even did a little shopping at Target. 

Today I am thankful for Brynn, the people that love her, the doctors that enabled her to be here, modern medicine, and too many other things to list. At this moment, I am not sure how I could be more blessed than this moment. 






Playing with her IKEA Barn and her new puzzle. 
Happy 1st Birthday, Brynn. We love you! 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first year of motherhood! Your little girl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. It is indeed a special day and I hope you are focusing on the celebration of life you have been offered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO adorable!! I hope you had a really wonderful afternoon with her! :) Happy Birthday, Brynn!!

    ReplyDelete