Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Husband

I don't want this post to be all mushy gushy, but it might be. I know that I am lucky to have Mike, because he is a wonderful husband, father, and friend. I wanted to talk a bit about him today because of something that happened this morning and actually most mornings. 

A friend at work asked me this morning if I needed lunch from Subway because he was going. I said I would check what was in my lunchbox, since Mike packed it. It turned out I didn't need Subway. Mike had packed me a nice lunch. When I think about it, he packs my lunch most days. He even puts all of my stuff school bag, lunchbox, Brynn's stuff, etc. in the car for me. These are things he doesn't have to do for me, but he does anyway. I know I don't tell him enough that I appreciate it and him. I really do and I know I am really lucky. He does so much more than pack a lunch. If it were a list it would be too long to write. Thanks for being so good to Brynn and me. We love you. 

I snuck this picture of them on Sunday. Hopefully he isn't too mad that I posted this. It was too sweet. It is exhausting being a good dad. 
Watching basketball. 
One of my favorites of the two of us, maybe because we are tan. :)
One of my all time favorite pictures of Mike holding Brynn for the first time. Love it. 

9 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Great husband. It's a good reminder not to take people for granted! Thanks. Your post is filled with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too often I find it's the people who are
    closest to me are the ones I forget to thank, and they are the ones who deserve it most ... Thank you for the reminder. Isn't it amazing the new love you feel for your husband as he becomes a Dad? Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! What a service of love your husband gives you each day, a blessing indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a touching tribute to Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...that was a bit mushy gushy but really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the pictures....he is not only a great husband but a great dad, too. The two of you look happy...and tan too. :-) I am sure your husband knows how much you appreciate him...but this was a nice way of telling the world what a great guy he is. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pictures are wonderful...helps to tell your story. It's those little things that make your life so much easier. Those little reminders of gratitude go a long way! Maybe you could even leave him a note where he puts your bag in the car in the morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT HUSBAND!!! He's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete