Saturday, March 8, 2014

Happy Saturday!

I am so happy it is Saturday. It has been a somewhat lazy day, other than a baby shower Brynn and I went to this afternoon. With that said, the laziness must come to an end. Brynn's first birthday party is next weekend. I have several things to do, yet. I also have some school things to do. Plus I am partner reading a book with a student and if I don't get moving I will be behind. My student would be so disappointed. She would be crushed actually. 

Before I go I must share a teacher funny..I had a redbox movie to return so I did so this afternoon. When I walked up to the box two of my students and a parent were there. They quickly came over to give me a hug. Right after my hug one of the girls looked at me and said, "I've never seen you out like this before, Mrs. Van Laeken."  I chuckled and said, "I know it is crazy that I do exist outside of Milford, huh?"  We all giggled. I got a second hug and everyone went on their way. Sometimes it is the littlest things. Like meeting two of your sweetest students at a redbox. 

I best get to work since Brynn is napping. Happy Saturday! 


3 comments:

  1. What a sweet sweet image. Thank you for sharing bits of your really not so lazy after all Saturday. Planning a first birthday party is a lot of work. Happy Birthday (a little early.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a pleasant little story to brighten my day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always so funny to meet students out in the world. They are incredulous. We live beyond the classroom walls. You captured that moment, and so many other important details about your life, in your slice. I can feel your happiness about today.

    ReplyDelete