Friday, March 7, 2014

Finally...

Today has been one of those days. My students have been a bit on the wild side, I have a teething baby, I am exhausted, I have a headache, and I feel like I could go to bed already. Even with all of those things I am going to be thankful for so many more. 

The positives of my day I choose to notice...I think my students are enjoying the book we are reading in class. I can see a new tooth through Brynn's gums. (Thank goodness maybe this won't last long.) 

I am exhausted, but I just had a lovely evening at a friends house. My friend Marci had planned to watch Brynn so I could volunteer my time at an event. However plans were changed and I instead got to spend time at their house. Some of my former and current students got to play with Brynn. I think one of my students will make an excellent babysitter! I told her one day I am going to call her up! (Of course once they are both older.)  I am so thankful for the love so many give us!  :)

I refuse to go to bed, because I rented a movie (Catching Fire). I am really excited to watch it, too. Since I read the books. 

When I really think about it my day was awesome. Especially if I compare it to other days that really were awful. Tomorrow is a new day and it is Saturday. I am also hopeful that the temps are starting to rise. My car actually said 44 earlier, but by the time I snapped a picture for proof it was 42. 


I feel like I should end this slice with the fact that I have typed the whole thing while in line at Taco Bell 30 minutes and counting...

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Cheryl--comfortable at writing now in a waiting line! A lot on your plate, and all you can do is look for the positive--true coping device. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete