Thursday, March 13, 2014

Being a Boiler.

Tonight, Mike and I had an opportunity to talk with a young man, a high school senior in fact about going to Purdue. He has already been accepted to Purdue and can't decide if he wants to go into education or wildlife. Lucky for him, Mike and I fit both of those majors. We met with him for an hour and a half. It was a chance for us to talk about something we love, our Boilermakers. (For those of you that know me, know how true this is.) 

He had a lot of questions. But what impressed me most was how thorough and thoughtful his questions for us were. He is more mature than any senior in high school I knew back in the day! 

I think this young man will make an excellent Boiler. Meeting with him had us thinking about our future Boiler, too. Actually the best way to get Brynn to smile is to say, "Toot, toot! Boiler Up!" It works everytime. :)


2 comments:

  1. I married a Boiler, so we enjoy trips to Purdue. He would love for our girl to follow there, but she's not leaning that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always envy people who have such an allegiance to and love for their college. I don't have that, mine was just... eh.
    And that is the cutest little Boiler I ever saw!

    ReplyDelete