Wednesday, March 12, 2014

An unexpected, yet eventful snow day!

My morning had a slow start today. Mostly because I decided to wait until the last minute to start getting ready for work. Mike even came in and said, "you must be feeling optimistic?" I decided he was right and got around. It never fails, when I was in the shower my text messages came through telling me we were closed for the day. I was happy, and also a bit annoyed. I could have stayed in bed. 

Before I showered I noticed the lights flickering some, so I lit some candles just to be prepared.  At 7:30 I was glad I did. We lost power for two hours, which isn't long. However with a little one it seems like a lifetime. Thank goodness Brynn decided to take her morning nap when we didn't have power. Just as I was starting to feel chilly the lights came on. Phew. 

Once the lights returned I finished the book I was reading and got to work on birthday party stuff. I finished Brynn's birthday banner. I also made her birthday party outfit and matching headband. In between these projects I did laundry, and cleaned some. 

I still have things to finish tonight, but I am feeling pretty accomplished at the moment, so maybe I will just relax. :)

The view outside our front porch. 
A morning nap. 
Work in progress. 
The finished projects. 

Had to share the last picture because it was cute. Mike was using the vacuum and Brynn loves to watch. I love how she is looking at him. :)
Happy Wednesday, everyone! 

5 comments:

  1. A wonderful snow day! What a pretty birthday dress and made by mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress turned out great!! Love the bicycles. Glad you were productive today :) We did birthday stuff here too. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe all you did on your snow day! My community looked very snow covered like yours. But since we have had over 10 snow days and over 150 inches this year, we were expected to toughen it out. My favorite picture was the one of your daughter. I miss watching my girls sleeping in their cribs with light coming in on them during their naps. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a productive day. I spent most of my day reading and cuddling. The dress is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unexpected snow days are the best! And somehow teachers can't just do nothing with the extra time. YOU really used your day wisely!! And I'm so glad you added photos to your slice...what a cutie you have!

    ReplyDelete