Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Night to Remember

I have know for the last few days what I was going to slice about. I have been looking forward to it. I was able to have a once in a lifetime experience this evening.  

Do you remember that book I couldn't put down a few days ago? Well, I was able to go tonight to listen to Eva Kor's story!!!! It was amazing! I asked my cousin AJ (a high school history teacher) to join me, and I wasn't  surprised that he was equally excited about this opportunity. 

We arrived at Grace before 5, although Eva wasn't speaking until 6. We were able to get pretty good seats. Her "lecture" as she called it was perfect. I am not sure how she put such a positive spin on something so awful and serious. She even had us laughing at times. She sure seems to have a lot if spunk. Love it! 

After she was done speaking she had her books for sale, signed her books, and allowed photos! AJ and I waited in line for a bit, but it was worth it. We spent some time talking about what to say to her. When it came time to meet her we both were in awe that we only partially said what we wanted and stood quietly while she signed. I had her sign my book and a book for the school. She was happy to do it. I see a trip to her museum in our future. :) 

I am not even sure what else I can say about tonight other than Eva is an inspiration and I am so glad I went this evening. It truly will be a night to remember. 

The book I couldn't put down. 





1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I always love getting the author's to sign books for my students. What a great night!

    ReplyDelete