Thursday, March 7, 2013

Social Media and My Husband?!?!?

So, I was talking to some ladies at work today about how my husband, Mike shared my blog from last night on Facebook. For those of you that know Mike, you know that he doesn't text, he doesn't really like to talk on the phone, basically technology isn't his favorite past time  He shared my blog because of the topic. He thought it would be a good idea so everyone including our family that lives far away could see an update on Baby Van Laeken. He was right! 

Before Mike shared my blog on his Facebook page, I had 7 page views. After he shared I quickly reached 357 page views in one evening!!!! Amazing! This makes me realize how powerful Social Media really is in our world today. It obviously has its positives and negatives, which I won't get into in my post. In this case it was positive, I love that our family and friends had the opportunity to share in our excitement. I am left wondering what will happen this evening. I don't think I will reach 357, but will there be more than normal? Only time will tell.

Thanks Mike for supporting me in my blogging efforts. :) 


Mike and I at our friend's wedding this summer. 

7 comments:

  1. I love these surprising moments! People who love us seem to know how to surprise us as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooooo.......what are the chances of him getting online and reading your "Thank you" today? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet - I don't often share my blog posts with family - not sure why, but seeing your success, I might try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, social media is very powerful. You may have just sent me over the tipping point of sharing my personal blog posts on Twitter and FB.

    Love the photo!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this photo...remember that day fondly. I've always have been too "shy" to share my blog posts on social media. Is Mike a blog stalking husband like mine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always good to know you are loved and supported.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Special your husband gets involved with your writing by supporting you as he does. A blog-stalking husband is a very good thing. Such a special picture.

    ReplyDelete