Wednesday, March 13, 2013

So Thoughtful and So Sweet!




I have known this all along, but I really do have the best friends. My nearest and dearest friend in the world is my friend Holly. She is there for me whenever I need her. I am so very lucky to have her in my life. I met Holly in my freshmen year at Purdue in the fall of 2000, in our Math class. Holly loving Math so much, decided to drop the class after about a week. I was sure I wouldn't see her again. Lucky for me, we ended up in Biology together the next semester and quickly formed a friendship that will last a lifetime. We still laugh about the dropped Math class and the semester in Biology, with our Turkish TA. We had so many good times in college, and I cherish each of those memories. 

Boiler Up!
However, as much as I look back on those times at Purdue, I am so thankful for the times now and in the future for our friendship. Holly has become a part of our family. She has gone on many family vacations with us, and will continue to do so. My parents treat her like another daughter and my brother as another sister. I am looking forward to the day that our daughter can call her Aunt Holly. :) 

One of my favorite pictures of all time. :) 
Today Holly found a way to surprise me. She sent me a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers. The card simply says, "Thinking of You. MDF. Love, Holly" It's perfect! Nothing more needs to be said. 

I dedicate this slice today to My Dear Friend. I love you, oh so much and can't imagine not having you in my corner. Thank you for being amazing! I don't think I could  do half the things I do without your encouragement and confidence in me. 

"Friends are like stars, they come and go, but the ones that stay are the ones that glow."

The flowers Holly sent today.



best friend quotes friendship quotes
I had to use this quote, since it is from SJP. :)


4 comments:

  1. What would we do without friends like Holly? The flowers are so beautifully spring. Enjoy your flowers and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BFFs are great. Looks like you found a keeper. I can almost smell the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a true friend. Someone to cherish.

    ReplyDelete