Monday, March 11, 2013

Man Does He Know Me or What?!?!?

For those of you that know me well, you know that I do love donuts. My favorite kind are the Bavarian creme filled with chocolate frosting on top. They are so yummy! I don't get them often, but I can say I have had more of them this school year than normal. My friend Jessica brings me one of these donuts at times, because they are her favorite also. We typically take turns bringing the donuts to work on occasion, and a few times we have brought them on the same day. 

Anyway today as I was packing up my bag to go home I decided I would make some muffins for morning. I planned on taking them to share with my coworkers and of course my husband. However, as I got closer to home I realized I was really tired. I still really wanted to make the muffins, but my excitement for doing so was quickly fading. Mike and I arrived at home at almost the exact same time, which never happens. I noticed he had a bag from the grocery, I took a look and found 4 Bavarian creme filled donuts! (They don't have chocolate on them, but I don't care.) Not only did he feed my bad habit of loving them, but he also just gave me the number one reason to hold off on making the muffins. Man does he know me or what?!?!? He just made a pretty good day, a GREAT day. 



8 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice when someone does something kind for no particular reason? Lovely post. I especially sympathized with that fading of enthusiasm for the baking idea as you were driving home. Happens to me often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great when you are in tune with one another. A super way to end the day, just you, your husband and donuts. Who needs muffins?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the small things that make us happy! I love the way you captured the memory and the meaning all in a sweet slice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're one lucky girl. That baby sure is hungry for sweets! Enjoy and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a grat man! He must be teaching FC the good things in life, donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome man! It truly is the SMALL things in life that can bring such delight! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This doesn't surprise me...... He's such an amazing man!!!! Eat up:) .... And mb have a root beer float to rinse it down!!!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete