Sunday, March 10, 2013

It's the Simple Things.

I was struggling with a slice topic for tonight, and then it hit me. Every night when I get home, I can't wait to get off my shoes and socks and put on my slippers. I love them, they aren't anything special. It is just a comfort thing. I wear them all of the time when I am at home. I have washed them several times (they probably need washed now) and they still look pretty good. After a long day today, my slippers are on and my feet are up in the recliner. I am also already thinking about bedtime. :)

I guess there are times when the simple things can be the big things. 



7 comments:

  1. That was a lovely topic for a slice. I love ice cold water after working out, or an ice cream sandwich in the middle of summer. This really brought things into perspective for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice little mind rest. I love the simple things too-- barefeet, a small DQ soft serve ice cream cone, a walk with my dog, watching the puppies on explore.org, a glass of wine with friends. The good life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The simple things make the not so simple things better.

    My simple things are a cherry coke(with good ice), cheesecake, a good book, and a cuddle with the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your slippers! Home is all about being comfy - I love this simple slice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the little things in life that make all the small happiness pop for us. Thanks for sharing this delightful image that so many of us can relate to today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simple things, as well. There's nothing better than cozying up in your p.j.'s and comfy slippers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have slippers always brought you comfort, or is there something special about this pair? For me I just love getting out of my shoes. I like slippers, I just don't wear them often.

    ReplyDelete