Sunday, March 24, 2013

It is a Yummy Way to Say....I Love You. :)

Yesterday my Grandma, Aunt, and Cousin brought dinner for Mike and me. We had leftovers from the night before, so we ate their meal tonight. Everything was wonderful as all of our meals have been so far. However, the best part was the dessert. It was actually an afternoon snack earlier today. We won't be sharing this special treat with any of our visitors. Actually, I am lucky to get any of it myself. It were up to Mike, he would keep it ALL and never share. What is this special treat? My Grandma's homemade peach pie. The ENTIRE pie crust and all is handmade. It is definitely made with love! Pie is Mike's favorite, and peach is at the top of both of our lists. My grandma always remembers that. She loves to cook and bake, but when it comes to peach pie...oh man...she is the BEST. Mike is even loved enough to get his own peach pie for his birthday each year, too. :) 

There is a whole lotta love in that pie she brought yesterday. She even went to the detail of cutting out hearts and putting them on the crust of the pie. I was so surprised when I uncovered it from the foil, almost made me cry. I HAD to take a picture and show Mike. We both smiled. 

The love of a grandmother is unconditional. They love you no matter what. I am lucky to have a wonderful grandma and now my daughter is lucky to have the same. She even gets a great grandma! She is lucky. 

Thank you Grandma for the unconditional love, and PIE. 

Brynn with her Great-Grandma, The Best Peach Pie Baker.
Brynn with Grandma Denise, my mom.

Brynn with Grammy Cindy, Mike's mom. 


THE Peach Pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment