Thursday, March 14, 2013

Food Again...:)

On Thursday nights we go over to my parents for dinner. My mom has Thursday off and she watches my nephew, Carter and my niece, Kenlee so she makes dinner for all of us. My brother and sister-in-law come over, too. Tonight was yummy! One of my favorites! Wendy (my sis-in-law) brought Nelson's Chicken and potatoes. So delicious! It is typically a summertime treat for us, and many in our area. It is certainly a reminder that summer isn't too far away. I am looking forward to the warmer weather and more opportunities for Nelsons. :) 

I will try to quit slicing about food! Thanks Wendy for bringing dinner! :)

The leftover chicken and potatoes were sent home with us! 

7 comments:

  1. Slicing about food makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slice away, girl, about food...think, whole blogs are centered around food and cooking. Happy you got the leftovers! I don't think I have had Nelson's potatoes or did your Mom make a special kind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have absolutely no idea what Nelson's chicken is...must be a regional delicacy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome that you have such a great Thursday routine with family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nelson's!!!!!!! I will never forget the first time I had some Nelson's chicken at John's. parents house the summer after we first started dating. I thought it looked awful...this black looking chicken. Oh how wrong I was :) Hope you enjoyed your dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nelson's Chicken is new to me. It sounds like a great dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've noticed you've been slicing about food lately--couldn't be because you're pregnant, is it? I probably would do more posts on food, but that's a sensitive area for me--always have had a weight problem. I don't want people to think I'm fat because I eat!!!!!

    ReplyDelete