Thursday, March 28, 2013

Disappointed. :(

Well, it happened...I fell asleep and didn't blog last night. I hadn't missed a day, until yesterday. I know it isn't a big deal, but it is to me. I was so proud of myself for writing everyday. I am not worried about the actual Slice of Life challenge, but the challenge I made to myself to write everyday.  Bummer.

My day was filled with so many good things, I spaced blogging. My mom came over to see Brynn and I got some things done while she was here. Including writing several thank you notes, my list keeps growing which is awesome! My friend Jen and her two kiddos brought us dinner last night and stayed to visit for awhile. It was really nice and dinner was delicious! They even brought Brynn some presents; headbands that Jen made (adorable) and tiny pink TOMS (LOVE THEM)! Grammy and Pepe also came over to see Brynn, and they ate dinner with us. They also took Tanner for a nice walk, which he needed. Then Mike and I had time to chat and talk about things, but I was already getting sleepy. I even told Mike that I still needed to blog, but I didn't. My first thought when I woke up this morning...I didn't blog! 

The more I think about it, the more I realize it isn't a big deal at all. I have so many people that are reading my blog now to keep up with Brynn, that maybe I will continue to blog more than the month of March. I am really enjoying blogging this time. I think I will challenge myself to continue. Like many of you have mentioned, it will be a great thing for Brynn to have when she is older. 

My view the other morning. So peaceful. 

5 comments:

  1. Why not create your own extra slice and just add it in another comments spot, just to have it recorded for yourself?
    Bonnie
    I love your pic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this feeling well, the panic!!!! Yet at the same time try to focus on what you've gleaned by pushing yourself to write everyday. Look back at your posts and see how you've grown and changed as a writer. This is what it's all about!! And the best part of it all... You forgot because you were enjoying a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to feel the joy alongside of the disappointment, overshadowing it even.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. I told myself so what if I didn't write every day, but it is my goal, too. If I miss a day, then will I write until the end. Yes. I should write at least once a week on the TWT blog. This year it was easier for me, too. Once you relax, it's good. What a sweet picture of Brynn. Glad you had a great day yesterday with friends and family. It was worth a missed post. Have a good Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Accepting a challenge is always good. But give yourself permission to not be perfect. Give yourself compassion. You have much on your plate. You have done very well.

    ReplyDelete