Monday, March 4, 2013

Busy, Stressful Week Ahead.

As all teachers in the state of Indiana know, the first of two dreaded ISTEP weeks has arrived. My kiddos will be testing tomorrow through Friday. This is not only a stressful time for students, but for teachers too. All of the worrying about the BIG test ends this week. All we can do is sit back and hope that the kids really learned all of the new things we taught them this year. I have confidence in my students each and every year. I have no doubts that they truly give their all. I wish my students the best of luck this week as they test! You can do it! :)

A good friend of mine brought me a sweet surprise this morning in preparation for ISTEP. It is the "Teacher ISTEP Survival Kit" an adorable pail FILLED with chocolates! What a great surprise! I can't wait to dig in! Is 10:00 a.m., too early???





9 comments:

  1. Your picture isn't showing up for me, but I feel your pain. All of you will do well because you've done all you can. Eat those well-earned chocolates--baby and you need them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the only positive parts of Pennsylvania transitioning to Keystone Exams for high school students is that we don't have the dreaded weeks of PSSA testing in March. I feel and greatly empathize with you. Hang in there, it will be over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's never too early for chocolate!!! Plus, baby girl will benefit too! :-) Good luck this week. I will say a prayer for you guys! Your kiddos will show what they know and seeing that they have been in your care, I know they are well-prepared, well-loved, and ready to kick some butt!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ten o'clock is definitely not too early, especially during a testing week. My students started with math ISTEP+ today. We start language arts on Wednesday. I know my kids have learned much about reading and writing. I just hope what they on this test reflects that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of agony and angst here in the Land of Lincoln also...so much time, so much energy...so many make-ups because of the flu...who knows...we may even have to deal with a snow day xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is never too early to dig into a pail of chocolates! Love this line - "I have confidence in my students each and every year." There is nothing more important than a teacher believing in students! Thank you for sharing and best wishes on these testing days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is never too early!!! Especially when dealing with testing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are also testing here in the state of Illinois. Bring on the chocolates! Best of luck to you and your students!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyone who brings you chocolate is a true friend.

    ReplyDelete