Friday, March 15, 2013

Anticipation of Spring...

I am ready for Spring to arrive for many reasons, the sunshine, warmer weather, green grass, flowers blooming, the arrival of our daughter, and an overall better mood. It is taking a long time for Winter to get out of here this year. I am sure I am not alone in that feeling. Do we always feel this way? Or is it just this year? Spring is a time to start new everything is blooming and the sun is out. I can't wait for the days when I don't have to worry about grabbing my coat, gloves, and scarf. I also can't wait to have days where I don't have to wear socks and shoes. 

We are so close to Spring! We have had a few days were we were teased with warmer weather. Once Spring arrives, then we are looking forward to Summer. I can't wait for that either. I especially like Summer because that means I can spend time at my parent's pool. Those are the best days, swimming in the pool and spending time with family. 

Unfortunately, looking at the forecast for this week...it is going to be cold for a little bit longer. However, I noticed outside the other day, that our tulips are starting to make their appearance. That is always a positive sign to me. All of the snow just melted around here and the tulips are getting ready! 

Come on Spring!!!


Some of our tulips beginning to peek through the dirt and mulch. 

3 comments:

  1. I think we always feel this way, but dreary,cold weather makes the wait seem that much longer. You made me long for the lazy days of summer. So, come on Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always filled with anticipation when I see the flowers peek above the soil. I am longing for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote about the weather today also. : ) Lines I'm fond of: "taking a long time for winter to get out of here..." and " a few days where we were teased..." I want sun and warmth!

    ReplyDelete