Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A sneak peek...

It has been a little over four years since we lost our daughter Makenna to a rare liver disorder at the age of six weeks. That was obviously a very difficult time for us and for our families. I wasn't sure if we would ever have our own children because of the chance of losing another child to the same disorder. When I say chance, I should say certainty because the chances of it happening again is now 90%. However, we were lucky enough to meet the doctor that is the world expert on the disorder.He told us about his treatment for mothers during pregnancy. The treatment is at this point 100%  effective in preventing the disorder from occurring. 

Now to the point where I didn't think we would ever be, pregnant again. After 20 weekly infusions, through IV we are finally on the homestretch. We are scheduled for induction on March 26th, and right now that day can't get here fast enough. We had an ultrasound again today, which gave us a really good look at Baby Girl Van Laeken. We are anxious, nervous, scared, excited, etc. about her arrival. I am sure that is normal for any parent. It won't be long now. 

That is her hand by her face.

And that is her foot by her face. She is running out of space!

She must be sleepy, we caught her yawn! 

14 comments:

  1. How exciting! I will keep you in my thoughts as your move through the month. Your family has been through an incredibly challenging journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two of you deserve all the happiness in the world! I am so excited for you. You will be the best mommy!!

    I can't want to meet little FC. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, isn't it? What a miracle! Congratulations, and prayers for an easy delivery of your precious girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious!!!! Hope to read a post about the birth of your special blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna (Dossey) StrahmMarch 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM

    I couldn't be more excited to see that you have a blog!! I can't believe your big day is almost here! You two are always in my prayers <3 I miss you both!!! All my love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She brings tears to my eyes already. I can't say enough was amazing parents you both are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great to see ultrasound pics! You guys are so close to the end, or rather the beginning ;) Can't wait to meet her...and find out her name! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is probably the best slice of the day. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait for another update.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Ultrasound technology has certainly improved! What a doll! Not too much longer. I bet you can barely contain all the excitement. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. What great pictures of her! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Ultrasounds are absolutely amazing. So excited for you...won't be long!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pictures are fantastic! I cannot believe four years have passed. I am so excited for you. Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad you are including us with the progress you and your daughter are making. I am so glad you are with child inspite of the past. You are a wonderful mother. I pray all comes to a beautiful beginning. Cheryl, you are special. Good to see you last Sunday and waiting impatiently, too, for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete