Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What to write...

Today during lunch I was telling my friend Jessica that I couldn't think of anything to write about for today. Then...I got home. :) I took Tan out for a walk around the yard, and enjoyed the sunshine. Mike made it home, and made dinner! He grilled potatoes. Mine had feta cheese, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, and olive oil. SO YUMMY! I am loving that we are able to use our grill, definitely a sign of summer at our house. 
Sign of summer. 

Yummy potatoes! 
 We then went on a walk with Tan down to the boat ramp, which was trash free. (Thanks to Mike) While we were eating dinner we kept hearing a turkey calling loudly. When we got to the end of our street, he quickly moved from  our neighbor's yard to the woods across the street. I was too slow to get a picture! So annoying! We laughed at our slow reaction time. Tanner didn't know what to think. He just perked his ears up and wondered what we were laughing about. 


When we got to the water, the ducks were there. I have noticed on our last few walks a pair of mallard ducks. They swim close to the rocks by the boat ramp. Last week, the female was quacking and carrying on. She clearly didn't want us anywhere near her. We have decided that they are preparing to nest, if they aren't already. We enjoyed watching them swim around this evening from the shore. Tanner enjoyed watching them from the water! Must not have been too cold for him. :) Have I mentioned I am loving this warm weather? 


Mallard ducks. 



Tan going for a quick dip. 

My two favorites. :)


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me take a walk with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture, My two favorites. I don't know about you ...but I begin to get a little nervous towards the end of the day and I don't have an idea. So far an idea will pop up but I sure do have some uncomfortable moments. We are so spoiled by this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting that we both had no idea what to write about and end up writing about our evenings. I loved taking the walk with you. Wish we such interesting sights on our walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you document the moments of your life in word and picture. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics...love the sunset one!

    ReplyDelete