Sunday, March 4, 2012

That wasn't in the plans...

When I started this day, I knew we had a few things on our agenda. Church, lunch with the family, bottle our wine, hang out with friends, and watch Purdue. The things I didn't have planned waking up late, a puking dog and purchasing plane tickets for a short vacation in May. Something I love to watch in the summer is the Tour de France. I can certainly blame my husband for this new love. His family is into cycling so I began watching with them several years back. Who knew I would be come such an avid fan. I have my favorite cyclists (the Schleck brothers, Levi Leipheimer, Lance Armstrong, just to name a few) and I can't wait for Stage 1 to begin the race each summer.
I learned a few years ago there is a Tour of California. I have hinted around to Mike for years that we should go. He has family near San Francisco so it would be perfect! He has never taken to my hints until this year. We talked about it, mentioned it to his family, and needless to say...booked tickets to fly to California on May 12th! We are super excited and can't wait to see family, watch some cycling, and relax. I am still in disbelief that we are doing this! So I guess sometimes the things unplanned are the best parts of the day. :)


Mike's bike the Groeneleeuw. It is a family heirloom from the late 60's. 

 

4 comments:

  1. Our cousin and his dad do this tour every year. :) I love the list of planned and unplanned experiences. This gives me an idea for my writing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike's bike is so cool! I also love the list of things you planned to do and things you didn't. Great surprise getting those tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know more about bottling your wine! Cool...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a good friend whos father is a teacher at Edgewood Elementary. Well, a few years back, him and his son did the Lewis and Clark trail for a whole summer. It was really cool. They had a blog that his former students followed all summer. ;)

    ReplyDelete