Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Really? Come on!

Yesterday Mike, Tanner and I went on a walk to the boat ramp/public access point on our lake because it was so beautiful outside. Our lake is really quiet, which is our favorite part. We did have a really nice walk. However, we were so disappointed to find trash in the water, on the ground, basically all over. I couldn't  believe it (actually I could). What makes people decide to throw trash on the ground? The best part...there is a sign right there that says..."Please DO NOT litter!" As frustrated as I was, it just made us realize we should carry a trash bag with us to pick up the trash we see on our walk. But how sad...we have to carry a trash bag






Our Lake..



Some of the trash...



The sign...


7 comments:

  1. I like the way you used photos + words to document this little slice of life...although it doesn't make it any less sad.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another view in to your world. I love to read your slices! You are so right. It is extremely sad that people do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Planning on picking up the trash in the a.m. since I have the truck from work. There are actually more pieces of trash/building materials. I remember when I worked for the DNR and during one summer a roofing company was dumping old shingles at least once a week. Having to pick up other peoples trash only because they are too lazy to take care of it themselves, not cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photographs that you are including with your posts. I don't get the trash thing either...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post reminded me of that old, very old commercial from, gosh, was it the '70s? The Native American walking along, seeing a trash along the way, and a tear sliding down his face? Remember that? It was a powerful ad for not littering. Your post brought similar emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so annoying that people can't respect property and the environment enough to take care of their own trash. I hope your students see this and think about it. Thanks for sharing! Happy Slicing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok is my mom ther

    ReplyDelete