Saturday, March 3, 2012

My pup

Today was the ceremonial start to the 40th Iditarod race in Anchorage, Alaska. I have been interested in the Iditarod for years, and have made it a goal to get there one day. As I watched the events today online (with my Iditarod Insider subscription) I noticed something about the dogs...they look just like my dog, Tanner! As I watched with my mother-in-law, Cindy, we couldn't believe how Tanner looked like them. We decided that we should get a sled for Tanner to pull us. He certainly has enough energy! Several years ago I even bought Tanner the booties for his feet, just like the race dogs. He wasn't a fan. He did wear them once when it was really icy outside. It was funny watching him try to kick them off of his feet. Needless to say, we didn't put him through that torture again. We love our pup.
Tanner in "his" chair. :)

6 comments:

  1. He is adorable! I hear stories, but have yet to see a picture. I am excited to track the race this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how are pets become so precious to us. Your dog is cute. Hope watching the race was everything you hoped it would be this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Tanner looks like my Emma! Love how you can connect with your own pup while watching these amazing dogs in the Ititarod race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you whata konw who eles has a pup my mom

    ReplyDelete