Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It happened....

So, everyone has been reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, but not me. Until now. I slowly started reading the book a week or two ago. I had a really hard time getting into it, but with some coaxing and encouragement I kept going. I am now finding myself having a difficult time putting it down! This book is NOT the type of book I would normally choose, but I thought I would give it a try. I can't believe how hooked I am! I am already wondering if I will need to take both the second and third book with me on vacation. What will I do when I have finished them? Oh boy!


The book! 




Another thing that I seemed to be hooked on, is the live feed on the bald eagle's nest in Iowa. I keep finding myself checking the website to see what is going on with those birds and their eaglets. If you would like to be sucked in too, follow the link below. 




Basically, tonight I haven't accomplished much but reading and watching eagles. Thank goodness I did all of my housework last night! :) 

7 comments:

  1. I am glad you like the book. You should take number 2 and 3 with you on vacation. They take a little to get into but are so worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Hunger Games, too, and I agree it's not my typical kind of read. Thanks for the eagle link. I remember being all about these guys last spring but had forgotten about them till you mentioned them. Hope you get some rest from the eagles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you would get hooked. Enjoy the time suck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read the book. It is not my "kind" of book. I have so many others I'd rather read. I survived not reading Harry Potter or Twilight. I'll survive not reading HG. Glad you were willing to try them, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is not my genre either. Like you though I could not put it down but I thought they were emotionally intense. I not sure if I want to see the movie.
    Oh...I am slow...I finally figured out the connection to your blog name...only took me all month...am I correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If by realizing the title is from a Weepies song...you would be correct. :)

      Delete
  6. I could have written this post. I didn't read HUNGER GAMES for months and months. My book club read it, and I still didn't, just went and listened. I don't like dystopian fiction at all. Finally, my book club decided they would see the movie. I love the movies, but I didn't want to see the movie before the book, so I started it this weekend when we started spring break. I read it in two days and am hoping to finish at least Book Two before the end of vacation. Definitely take book two on break, when you finish one, you will be dying to know what happens.

    ReplyDelete