Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Back in the Old Days...

We started ISTEP today and I think the kids did a great job! They all looked like they were working hard and focused. That is great news if you ask me! 


A few weeks ago my parents cleaned out some old papers, art projects, etc. that my brother and I made when we were kids. They found some hilarious things that we at the time thought were gold. My favorite was a journal entry my brother wrote. If you know my brother, just the fact that he would start an entry as..."Dear Diary" is enough to cause us to laugh hysterically. Another thing they found was my 3rd grade ISTEP writing prompt! How perfect now that I teach Language Arts. I shared my writing with my kids today to give them a good giggle after their hard work this morning. They LOVED it, and had lots of questions. I think the part they appreciated the most was the reminder that Mrs. Van Laeken was once a kid too. :) 



7 comments:

  1. This was great! I am sure the kids loved it. You are allowing the students to get know who you are. Croc Wrestler and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful script...of course that doesn't surprise me. I bet your kids loved looking at this. What is your favorite place to visit now? Just curious! If you have time in SF rent bikes and ride across the Golden Gate Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. This makes me want to go to my parents house and see if they still have any of my old papers. I liked your comment about reminding your students that you were once a kid. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat thing to share with them! I'm sure they were all smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat thing to share with them! I' m sure they were all smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how old older taen my mom

    ReplyDelete