Monday, March 12, 2012

Grandpa Ray

I dedicate this post to my Grandpa Ray. He passed away unexpectedly 10 years ago today. He was one of the best people to have ever lived. Of course my opinion is a bit skewed. :) I looked up to my Grandpa, and I still do to this day. He wasn't just a grandfather, but also a husband, father, son, school bus driver, township trustee, farmer, Military Police Officer, friend, and I am sure so much more. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him and get "choked up". Although, I feel his time with us was too short I know God had a plan for him. 


Tonight we all went to the farm to eat dinner with grandma. Grandpa would have wanted it that way. He knew the importance of family and he always put us first. 


My grandpa encouraged us to do what we wanted. There was no dream too big. So, I will end with this quote....


"Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be." ~Karen Ravn


Grandpa in his Military Police uniform.


Grandma Margie & Grandpa Ray 2002.


Syracuse Fire Department receiving a new fire truck. 

7 comments:

  1. After 10 years you still miss your grandpa. He must have been a wonderful person for sure. It's great that you get together and remember him. Pictures make this story so much more special and the quote is a good one to live by. Thanks for sharing something so special with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to spend this time with your family. Grandparents are so special. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandpa sounds like a marvelous man. I love his words philosophy that there is no dream that is too big. Thanks for sharing his story.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sad I remember when my grandpa passed away two years ago. He sounds like a great man.FS7

    ReplyDelete
  5. is he a gramp tp8

    ReplyDelete
  6. is that my mom by tp8

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you what to konw my real name your favit s t sing tp8

    ReplyDelete